Welcome to Twin Valley!
Welcome to Twin Valley! The 2017-2018 school year is upon us! On behalf of the staff of Twin Valley, we are excited to be here and look forward to serving students, parents, and the patrons that make up our school communities.
Below are some facts about the district that might be of interest:
- The communities of Bennington, Culver, and Tescott all reside within the district boundaries.
- USD 240 contains two PreK-12 attendance centers located at Bennington and Tescott.
- Both centers offer a wide variety of academic and extracurricular opportunities for schools their size.
- The district boasts a great deal of current technological tools as our students in grades six and seven have a 1:1 technology in the form of IPads and our students in grades 8-12 have Chromebooks. The technology infrastructure provides our students with quality Internet access throughout our facilities.
- Twin Valley encompasses over 260 square miles of Ottawa and Saline County and serves approximately 565 students. The district map can be found on this link /vimages/shared/vnews/stories/51f80973bc0da/School%20District_240%20lines.pdf
- The facilities are current and very well-kept. The maintenance staff, students, and teachers take great pride in their facilities and it shows in the physical appearance of the buildings.
- In August of 2017, two district schools, Bennington Jr./Sr. High and Tescott Elementary School were selected to be a part of the "Kansans Can School Redesign Mercury 7" initiative in which we will be engaging our staff and school communities to redesign those schools (along with their district counterparts) to better serve the needs of our students as they enter the post-secondary phases of their lives. Our district selected Virgil "Gus" Grissom as the moniker for our portion of this redesign project. Seven schools were selected out of 29 that applied to the KSDE this past spring to participate in this project. More information will be forthcoming as we progress through the school year as it relates to this initiative.
I am extremely pleased to have the opportunity to serve the students, parents, and patrons that make up all student populations that attend Twin Valley Schools. I look forward to working with the school community to continue the strong tradition of academic and extracurricular excellence.
Go Bulldogs and Go Trojans!