Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Twin Valley USD 240



Ajax Loading Image


Health Policies


Any students diagnosed by a physician as having a communicable disease shall be required to withdraw from school until symptoms subside. Parents should notify the school when their child has a communicable illness. For example: chickenpox, pink eye, Fifth Disease, influenza, head lice, mononucleosis, pertussis, ringworm, staph infections, strep throat/Scarlet fever, and impetigo are just a few examples to report to the nurse.


Kansas Law (K.A.R. 28-1-6) requires students who are infested with head lice to be excluded from school until they have been treated with an approved head lice shampoo. All nits should be removed. Please check your child’s hair regularly for lice. Students may return to school once treatment has been started and no live lice are found. Please notify the school nurse if your child has head lice.


If a student is running a temperature of at least 100 degrees or more, they are to remain at home until they have been fever free for 24 hours without using medications. If a child has a rash or infectious looking skin disorder, the school has the right to ask the parent to obtain a physician’s note indicating the child is not infectious and can remain at school.


To meet state school regulations, the school will need to have written orders from the your child’s physician to receive and dispense prescription medication(s) at school. Parents/guardians may download the Permission for Medication Form to be completely filled out and signed by the physician. Prescription medications must be in the original container. Other forms to download include: Inhaler Forms, Kansas Asthma Action Plan, and Food Allergy Form.


Students needing over the counter medications will also need the permission for medication form completed. Over the counter medications do not require a physician signature, only a parent signature. Over the counter medications will need to be in the original container as well.


If your child has food allergies, please contact your school nurse.